Makeup Essentials for All Skin Types and Issues! Part 1: Normal Skin with Redness!

Makeup can be tricky business when trying to find products that really work and do what you want them to do. Having been playing around with it for the last 21 years I feel like I have a good grasp on what actually does what it says on the tin, as cliche as that sounds. I personally have normal skin so I'm going to start there, it's not oily and only dry very rarely but I do get quite intense redness so we will touch on that too! I will also be compiling a skincare post to go along with this cause I firmly believe without a good skincare regime your makeup is never going to look its best!


PRIMER 
L'oreal's Magic Lumi primer is amazing for skin that needs to look that little bit more dewy and alive. Normal skin can start to look flat if you try to achieve too much of a matte finish, but I know when you don't go for a matte finish sometimes makeup can slide but with Magic Lumi I find it helps hold my makeup in place all day with a little help from a nice powder of course! €14.99 in all good Pharmacy's and Boots stores across the country. 



                                                                                   FOUNDATION
The foundation I am currently using and loving is the Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain. I bought this on a whim cause I had run out of foundation and had never heard anything about it so wasn't expecting much. It is what I would describe as a light to medium coverage and for people with normal skin this is plenty for an everyday basis. 







CONCEALER 
If you have normal skin like me you will more than likely have dark circles from time to time as with most skin types. Mac Pro Longwear Concealer is the perfect solution to this, it is the only concealer I can count on to completely cover my under eyes and it won't crease. For €23 it is pretty expensive but 1 bottle lasts me a whole year as a little bit goes so far, so it's really a bargain! Pick some up in Brown Thomas stores around the country. 

                                                                                 

POWDER
L'oreal's True Match Powder is an absolute dream to use, it comes in a variety of shades so can add some extra coverage if that's what you want it to do. It really does leave you with a flawless finish that won't have your face looking cakey or flat. At €10.49 in good pharmacy's or Boots Stores across the country I think it's an absolute steal. 










REDNESS 
Throughout my teenage years redness was a major problem in my life, and of course I decided a foundation 5 shades to dark for my skin tone was the way to go. Now that I'm no longer a teenager my redness has decided to calm down slightly but it still is pretty prevalent in my day to day life. I have found a few things that have helped so wanted to share them with you! Once again there will be a skincare post on normal skin and redness as well as I believe a good routine has helped massively, but here are my makeup saviors for days when I can't control it.

HIGH COVERAGE FOUNDATION 
High coverage foundation used to be something I used daily but there is really no need for it when I don't have anything major to cover up. Estee Lauders Double Wear is perfect when heading out for a dance and you need to keep the tomato face at bay. This little baby will set you back around €38 depending on where you pick it up and if you're just using it whenever you need that extra bit of coverage it will do you absolutely ages.





GREEN PRIMERS/CREAMS
Green creams have been a big thing for a long time but recently every company I can think of has come out with one in some shape or form! Makeup Forever came out with their Skin Equalizer Primer which comes in many different types for all skin types and they have a redness correcting one also and it works really well! It makes your whole face appear a lot paler but that's not necessarily a bad thing when you're going to be applying a foundation over it anyway! It retails for €33 and can be bought online and in the Makeup forever store in Dublin. We all know of Catrice, that super cheap brand you can buy in pennys and you'll be delighted to know they have an amazing green cream! It's small but come's in a pallete with 4 other concealers, which includes a pinky tone one which is perfect for concealing dark circles! Double whammy, Go Catrice! And the cost, well they've only gone and only charged €3-4 depending on where you buy it!  







Wednesday 23 March 2016

0 comments